A yearly physical is a great way for people to stay on top of their health. Yearly checkups provide a chance to identify any potential issues early on so that you can receive treatment as soon as possible. Preventative care can go a long way in keeping you healthy and can save you from larger (and more expensive) issues in the future.
The following are some of the things that your doctor will check during your visit:
- Vital signs: Your doctor will test your blood pressure, heart rate, respiration rate, and temperature.
- General appearance: Your physician can tell a lot about your health just by looking at you. They may watch how you stand or walk, or pay close attention to your mental acuity or memory. Other indicators include unhealthy looking skin, nails, teeth, or gums.
- Medical history and lifestyle: Your doctor will ask you about certain lifestyle behaviors like diet, exercise, smoking, alcohol use, and sexual health. Together with your medical history, they will be able to get a better picture of your overall health and make recommendations. They will also ask you about any new complaints or concerns you may have about how you have been feeling.
- Heart exam: Using a stethoscope, your doctor will listen to your heartbeat to detect the presence of conditions like a heart murmur, irregular heartbeat, or other possible symptoms of heart disease.
- Lung exam: Doctors will also listen to your lungs as you breathe, listening for wheezes, crackles, or other signs of decreased breathing capacity. These may be signs of lung disease.
- Head and neck exam: Your throat, ears, sinuses, lymph nodes, eyes, and thyroid will be examined for any abnormalities.
- Laboratory tests: This may not be necessary for every patient, but your doctor may order blood, urine, cholesterol, and other tests on a routine yearly basis, especially if there is a pre-existing condition.
Experience The Diamond Difference
Are you ready to schedule your wellness exam? Now is the time to contact the Dallas doctors at Diamond Physicians. We believe in providing our patients with direct access to affordable, attentive, and personalized care designed to address your concerns whenever you need. With zero wait times, zero copay, and no limit to how often you can see our doctors, you’ll agree that visiting our Dallas or Frisco offices will be the best investment that you have ever made.
For more information on how to become a member, please contact us at (214) 382-0730.