The State of Texas Health Dept. who oversees the allotment of Covid-19 vaccine has shifted focus to setting up larger vaccination hubs which will allow for a more streamlined and efficient process of vaccine distribution in the community. The vast majority of Covid-19 vaccines will be sent to vaccine hub locations across Texas. Visit the Texas Health Services website for more information.
Vaccine Availability at Diamond Physicians
The strategy for vaccine distribution per Texas and timeline is found here.
Diamond Physicians is a registered Covid-19 vaccine hub but there is currently no timeline for vaccine delivery to our facility. Once we receive the vaccine, we will inform our members immediately. Right now, we recommend using resources below to schedule vaccine for individuals who are 65+ years of age or ages 16+ with history of high-risk health per Phase 1B qualifications. Doses are expected to become more readily available in the coming weeks. We appreciate your trust and patience. Diamond Physicians will continue to keep you updated as we receive new information.
- The latest allotment location and availability information provided by TX Department of Health. You can search by 1st vs 2nd dose along with zip code. Ensure to call and confirm before traveling to the testing site.
- We recommend the following Dallas County enrollment link. The county has opened a large vaccine hub at Fair Park which currently is for seniors and those who do not have access to the internet.
- Parkland Health has opened two large vaccine hubs. You can register through their electronic system called MyHealth. Visit MyHealth and register as a NEW USER with their system. Once you create MyChart account via Parkland by inputting the required information you’ll then log in and click on COVID VACCINE for scheduling appointment and choose available slots for your first and second dose. This site receives a lot of traffic and servers are constantly pushed to capacity. You may receive error messages, but be persistent.
- UT Southwestern Vaccine Hub – Currently available for established patients through their MyChart app scheduling similar to Parkland instructions above. Appointments will become more readily available as more vaccine distribution continues.
- Collin County has begun a waitlist enrollment for the COVID-19 vaccine for residents meeting specific criteria. For more information.
- Tarrant County has an online sign up list for residents meeting specific criteria and will contact you to schedule appointment once vaccine is available.
- Denton County opened registration for county residents. The county said registration will reopen when they receive additional doses of the vaccine. To view their current status, visit the Denton County website.
- City of Garland provides an online signup sheet.
- CVS Pharmacy has not released any specific details on their vaccination program.
- Tom Thumb launched a COVID-19 website for updates and signup once vaccine is available.
- Kroger Pharmacy launched a website with information on their COVID-19 vaccination plan.
- Walgreens Pharmacy with no specific details as of yet.
- Baylor Scott & White Health System has a website signup list.